Your Presence is Your Present

Having Presents at Christmas isn’t quite as important as the people we have around us.  Family and friends become very important at Christmas time.  There is not a parent alive that wouldn’t trade even the biggest present for having their family together at the holidays.  Sons and daughters, grand kids, and friends, who are  living far away are the best Christmas gifts.  In this podcast Tony discusses how their presence in your holiday is the best Christmas present you could receive.
Scripture: And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.  John 1:14
Quote: Lord, make me more attentive to the presence of the people around me this Christmas, my wife, children, and friends. Let me not be distracted by the hurried pace of the things of the secular world that are not important.  Help me, Lord, to be more attentive to you as well, in my prayer life and in helping those less fortunate around me.  Help me to spend this Christmas, attentive to the presence of the Holy Family, and my own family, this day.  Their presence will be the best present I receive this Christmas. –Tony Agnesi
Reflection:  Do you agree that receiving a present at Christmas isn’t as important as the people around us?  What can we do to shut out the secular pressure to buy more presents?  Which is most important, the gift, the giver, or the receiver?  How do you relate to Jesus as God’s gift to use at Christmas?  What can you do to keep Christ in Christmas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Blink of an Eye

My Christmas Train

That’s Not Who You Are