Thank God for Crying Babies

I’ve learned to love it whenever I hear babies crying at church. I like it when a toddler asks his mom a question with a voice to loud to be church worthy. And, my heart is warmed when I hear the cooing, giggling, and silly baby laughter especially during the quiet time following communion. To me, it’s like the angels speaking from heaven. In this podcast, Tony discusses babies crying at church.

Scripture: “Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked them, but Jesus said, “Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” –Matthew 19:13-14

“Taking a child he placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it he said to them, “Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the one who sent me.” –Mark 9:36-37

Reflections: Are you willing to hear some crying to know the church has a future? Do you ever thank a parent for bringing their kids to mass? As a young parent, do you ever feel unwelcome at mass?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Blink of an Eye

My Christmas Train

That’s Not Who You Are