The Quest for Rest

Do you ever feel guilty when you take some time to rest? That, somehow, society has convinced you that rest is an indulgence you simply can’t afford. In this go-go society of never ending to do lists, late night text messages from work, and trying to make partner, we are obsessed with the feeling that , “I should be doing something!” In this podcast Tony discusses the importance of rest.

Scripture: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” –Matthew 11:28-30

“On the seventh day God completed the work he had been doing; he rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken. God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation.” –Genesis 2:2-3

“Return, my soul, to your rest; the LORD has been very good to you.” –Psalm 116:7

Reflections: What do you do to insure you get some rest? Do you ever feel guilty for downtime? Are you getting enough sleep?

If you have enjoyed listening to this podcast, please subscribe by clinking the Follow Link on the lest hand side of the page. Don't miss a single Five Minutes with Tony Podcast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Blink of an Eye

My Christmas Train

That’s Not Who You Are