What Do We Gain From Prayer?

An unattributed quote about the benefits of prayer has been making its way across the internet via social media the past few weeks. Reading it, I was moved to reflect on the question, “What do we gain from prayer? In this podcast, Tony asks the question, “What do we really gain from praying?”

Quote: Once a man was asked, “what did you gain by regularly praying to God?” The man replied, “Nothing…but let me tell you what I lost: anger, ego, greed, depression, insecurity, and fear of death.” Sometimes the answer to our prayers is not gaining but losing; which ultimately is the gain. –Anonymous

Scripture: Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. –John 16:23

But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it. –James 1:5

Again, [amen,] I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father. –Matthew 18:19

Reflections: Do you ever ask Jesus for help with your problems? What do you do when you realize you can’t handle a situation on your own? Do you have an example of how God met your needs through prayer?

If you have enjoyed listening to this podcast, please subscribe by clinking the Follow Link on the lest hand side of the page. Don't miss a single Five Minutes with Tony Podcast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Blink of an Eye

My Christmas Train

That’s Not Who You Are